I haven't blogged in a while. I have a lot going on. First up are a few Charlie funnies:
~Charlie Funnies~
[Nick likes that I am blogging these and tells me "I have a Charlie funny for your Blog"...I think its cute]
*We have been working with Charlie on cleaning up his toys before bedtime. The other night the living room was a DISASTER and Nick told Charlie that he needed to work on picking up all his toys. Nick went to put Macie to bed and came back and saw Charlie(with his back to Nick) hold 2 of his toys up in the air and say "I'm freaking out man!" (meaning he was a tad bit overwhelmed with all the cleaning he had to do)
**Charlie was getting ready for bed the other night and part of the nightly ritual is that he goes in the bathroom to go potty before bed. I walked into the bathroom to help him brush his teeth, he was still going potty, and I heard splish, splish, splash, splish splash....and then he said, "I'm doing tricks with my pee mom!"
~The electronic Aspirator, AKA The Booger Snatcher~
Well, I think the jury is still out on this new gadget. I have yet to have a good boogery nose to try it out on. Of course Macie's nose got miraculously better the day after I bought it. BUT, I had to still try it out :) I would say that it didn't go well, not the functionality of the snatcher itself, but the reaction I got from Macie. I turned on the "machine" and it was a little loud, she screamed bloody murder--like she was terrified that I was about to suck all of her brains out her nose bloody murder. The SUPER loud "12 soothing music songs"....not so soothing, but maybe she coupld't hear them over her blood curdling screams. SO, if I have not already scarred her for life, I will continue to try it out on occasion--it does seem like it has some amazing sucking power....and just might work fantastic once Macie is not terrified of it.
~Sleep Training~
This weekend we plan on "sleep training" Macie. I got some fabulous advice from a friend that I am very excited to try out. We have finally figured out that Macie can only do RTF(ready to feed)formula...she is a COMPLETELY different baby now--back to her smiley, happy, content self. Man it was a nightmare for about 2 weeks. Anyways, she seems to have fallen into a great 3-a-day nap schedule and wants to go to sleep for the night by 7-7:30pm....its just the night-waking we are having an issue with. Plus, we are still swaddling. SO, we are going to break her of the swaddling and do the sleep training all starting on thurs night. Wish us luck :)
Also-today we gave Macie her first bites of rice cereal! So fun, and she was so cute. She did pretty well with it. It was funny to watch her try to figure out what to do with it. She probably got maybe a total of 3 good spoonfuls that actually stayed in her mouth. :)
