So Nick was putting Charlie to bed a few nights ago and was chewing some gum. Charlie: "dad, can I have a piece of gum?" Nick: "No Charlie, you can have a piece in the morning...if you have it now you will fall asleep with it--it will get all stuck in your hair...and we will have to cut all your hair off!" Charlie, "oh. like grandpa?" (papa Gene is a little bald) tehehehe
I get home from work and just as I sit down, Charlie comes running at me with this big smile on his face. Charlie: "Mom, I put this string in my BUTT(as he holds it up to show me) and I ran around the house and Diesel(our cat) chased me ALL OVER, he just LOVED it!" Me: "Um, thats great that you are having fun playing with Diesel Charlie, but next time hold the string with your HANDS and run all over the house and let him chase you....we don't put things in our butts like that charlie, thats gross." Charlie: "oh, okay mom."
This morning the very first thing to come out of Charlie's mouth was so random, it just made me chuckle. Charlie: "Mom, do you want to be a mermaid when you grow up?" Me: "no, Charlie I don't." (still trying to wake up, its 6am... .hoping this conversation will now be over). Charlie:"why mom? then you can have that flat tail thing." Me: (still half asleep) "because I don't want to live in the ocean Charlie...and I already am grown up." Charlie: "I wish I was a mermaid mom. do you think Macie wants to be a mermaid....(then he asks her...she just smiles back at him)." he goes on and on about mermaids(I still have no idea where this came from, and too tired to really listen). Charlie: "I want to be a mermaid mom because mermaids are girls." and he then goes on and on some more about them...me: "CHARLIE!"...charlie:"what mom?" ...me: "mermaids are not real. They are just pretend on TV." charlie: "oh."
