With Nick getting a new job, his training schedule and learning how to re-adjust our lives with these new changes...I have completely neglected to blog. Well, not that I did a ton before...but, ya know.
Couple of my favorite Charlie funnies of recent:
Charlie,"Dad, its mysterious how my toothbrush keeps getting moved." (Me, thinking...gee Charlie--really? no its not mysterious...its called mom putting it away after you leave it out on the counter all the time! LOL)
My mom told Charlie that she had "eyes in the back of her head." He, of course took this literally. He came home and asked me if I too had "eyes in the back of my head." to which I replied-YES, of course :) He wanted to see them and proceeded to dig through my hair. I told him they were invisible. In the weeks to follow, I often get him asking me if "I can see what he is doing" when my back is turned to him. Luckily he has done this in the kitchen and the reflection in the microwave-ah hem, I mean...the eyes in the back of my head were able to tell him exactly what he was doing behind my back. ;)
My weight loss journey:
I feel like its been slow go. Then I realize I put it on slowly, I suppose it comes off slowly. I have lost 63 lbs now since the day I went in to deliver Macie. I remember at the begining of my weight loss journey being so upset leaving the hospital only 8lbs lighter, and having had a 8lb 3 oz baby.(NOT FAIR!!!) I still want to lose 40 more pounds. When I think about the fact that it has taken me since October to lose what I have, it feels like its going to take forever to lose the next 40 lbs. Its hard not to get discouraged. Then I think about how this is the longest I have stayed on a "diet" before. I'm proud of myself. The weight I am at now, I haven't been at this number in over 3 years. I'm still 15 lbs bigger than pre-pregnancy with Charlie...this is my next goal. Then 20 pounds to get to my wedding day weight. Then 5 more pounds--just because. I am learning tho, its just a number on the scale. My body definately does not look the same. 2 children, 2 c-sections, 8 million stretch marks, a hernia from carrying big babies...my stomach is a mess. I think I need to start a tummy tuck fund :)
